Monday, March 10, 2008

James Edward Hayes & Dorothy Wood: Marriage Certificate

I received two things in the mail today.

1. I'm so excited! They sent me the Groom information on James Edward Hayes & Dorothy Wood's marriage certificate.

Name of Groom: James Edward Hayes
Name of Bride: Dorothy Ruth Wood
Residence of Groom: Milton
Date of Marriage: September 25, 1928
Color: White
Age in years: 26
No. of Marriage: /
Occupation: Farming
Place of Birth: South Burlington
Father's Name: Lawrence Hayes
Birthplace: ?
Mother's name: Jennie ?
Birthplace: Charlotte, Vermont
Name Party Officiating: Karl J. Phelps

I'm excited! This verifies that the James E. Hayes buried at St. Catherine's is the same one who married my great grandmother! I'm so glad I finally have a document that links everything together! Woohoo!!!

2. Received a "No Record" on my grandmother, Elizabeth Marie Rivait when I requested for her birth certificate.

Elizabeth Rivait


That was disappointing.

No comments: