Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Frederick Charles Whalon/Frederick C. Lovely

My aunt on my father's side is struggling to learn more about her father.

My grandmother is Elizabeth Marie Rivait. Before she married Robert Wilbur Smith, she had been previously married to a Frederick Charles Whalon/Lovely (I have no idea what number marriage this is for her.).

Frederick died in 1944. In fact, he died a couple months before my aunt was born. When her mother was dying and in the hospital, her mother refused to tell her about who her father was. There's rumors going around as to who the true father is.

One of the information was that her father was Frederick Charles Whalon but that he has used the surname Lovely too. I don't understand how that fits in. I've seen address books dated in 1942 where Frederick and Elizabeth Whalon were listed. Frederick also had a trucking business where he carted away garbage.

My aunt sent us a copy of her birth certificate. It listed her father as Frederick Lovely.

I did searches on ancestry.com. I found Frederick Whalon in a couple censuses where the dates match. I did not find any Lovely's.

Monday, I sent away a request to the state for a marriage certificate for Frederick Whalon/Lovely and Elizabeth Rivait.

No comments: