Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Possible find on James E. Hayes!

I created this page ( James Edward Hayes of South Burlington, Vermont ) in hopes of some relative of James would discover it and say, "Those fit information on mine!" but no one ever did.

I did some lazy searching at findagrave.com when I discovered a tombstone submitted for Lawrence L. Hayes. I looked over the tombstone and to my shock and wonder, I discovered "James E." at the very bottom.. born 1901 and died 1953! This fits information that my great uncles told us as well as various censuses I found.

I contacted Barb Destromp to let her know that she overlooked James E. at the bottom. - I just wanna take this moment to say that she is a phenomenal woman! I don't know how she has the time to submit all those tombstones. Whew!

I guess at this stage, I am going to try to contact the cemetery to see if they have information on James E. I may even send off a request for a marriage certificate for James now that I know where he's buried. I'm willing to bet all my money that he is the same one.

No comments: