Thursday, June 8, 2006

Discovering an Aunt

My mother called a Great Grand Aunt, who is the daughter of Zenas Wood, to get information about her children and her siblings. We knew at least of twelve siblings that this Great Grand Aunt had. She said that there was actually fifteen of them altogether. Unfortunately, she came along so late that she has no idea who her earlier siblings were.

This got me to talking with my mother. If I discovered that I had fourteen siblings or more, I'd sit her down with a great big notepad and get all the information I could out of her on who they were and when they were born. Not because of genealogy but because this is my family.

Suddenly, my mother revealed something that was a total surprise for me. Apparently, she had a sister named Linda who was born after her. She died a few months old from crib death. My mother said she never thought about it until now.

No comments: